- Date: Friday 26th April 2019
- Location: University of Bradford
- Host: Krzysztof Poterlowicz, Amber Leckenby, Katarzyna Murat
NorthernBUG 4 will be held at the University of Bradford on Friday 26th April 2019, starting at 12pm with lunch and finishing at 5pm, followed by drinks at a local pub.
The meeting will take place at Norcroft Conference Centre 9 Tumbling Hill St, Bradford BD7 1DB.
Coming to the meeting by public transport is strongly recommended and the conference centre is a short walk from both Bradford Foster Square and Interchange rail and bus station.
We’re looking for a range of:
- 10 minute talks (if you would like to talk for longer please just let us know).
- Posters accompanied by a 1-2 minute teaser talk. These are great for those who might be earlier on in their bioinformatics journey!
We noticed a lot of younger delegates at the last BUG meeting in Newcastle and would really like to see everyone get involved in the meeting in Bradford.
If anyone would like to fill any of these slots please contact Amber Leckenby and please extend the invite around your lab/department etc!
|13:05-13:15||Professor Alastair Goldman||Welcome remarks from the Dean of the Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Bradford|
|13:15-13:30||Elizabeth Sollars||Clinical Screening of Cystic Fibrosis using NGS|
|13:30-13:45||Katarzyna Murat||EWAS-Galaxy: a tools suite for population epigenetics integrated into Galaxy|
|13:45-14:00||Sumeet Deshmukh||The impact of SNPs associated with allelic imbalance on miRNA binding sites in 3’UTR regions|
|14:00-14:15||Christina Alexandru, Manoj Kumar Valluru, Chloe Brook, Supreeta Vijayakumar||2 minute Teaser Talks|
|14:30-15:30||All||Coffee Break and Poster Session|
|15:30-15:45||James Engleback||Using machine learning to engineer P450s to make herbicide resistant crops|
|15:45-16:00||Matthew Howes||The genetic basis to UK E. coli urinary tract infections|
|16:00-16:30||All||Closing Remarks and Discussion|
|16:30-||All||Drinks - Sunbridge Wells, Bradford|
- Elizabeth Sollars Sheffield Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
- Katarzyna Murat University of Bradford
- Sumeet Deshmukh University of Sheffield
- James Engleback University of Manchester
- Matthew Howes University of Sheffield